Monday, September 10, 2007

thoughts on contentment

I'm taking Greek 2 this semester. I like it, I think. I really do. Yet I sit down to do it today and half of the words are completely unrecognizable to me and immediately I feel as though "I don't like you anymore." How fickle I am.

I think I need to grow up. I think my contentment needs to come from some place much deeper than Greek homework. I know it does, I know it does. But I want to live out of that something more. Breathe out of it. Crave it. Be satisfied with nothing less.

I don't want to complain. I don't ever want that to be a word that can be associated with my name. I crave to be a joy-giver - a breath of fresh air. Not so I can be Abby, joy-giver. But so I can be a reflection of Jesus Christ - because He is my, He is our, joy-giver. That's who I want to be.

2 comments:

Lindsay Kennedy said...

You give me joy. You really, really do. Remember, it's even your middle name. Thanks for being you.

Lindsay Kennedy said...

I'm waiting for a new entry :-)